photo mrsheader1_zps8973493e.png
 photo Q1_zpse528aaf0.png  photo Q2_zps0eb19182.png  photo Q3_zps0eb19182.png  photo Q5_zps877c7550.png

Ode To My White Shirt



shirt: Express, skirt: Rachel Pally, belt: Arttie, shoes: Nordstroms Rack, cuff: Brighton
I've been wanting to transition my black maxi skirt into cooler weather, but hadn't had a chance....until yesterday.  I pulled out my trusty old classic white button-up. I've seriously had this shirt for at least 10 years.  No joke.

This is why it has been so good to me over the years:
-It doesn't wrinkle.
-It responds well to bleach whenever I think it's getting a little dingy.
-It's fitted enough that it does well both layered and tucked in...i.e. under sweaters and/or with high-waisted skirts without it billowing up much.
-It's not so thin (like some) that you can totally see through it.

I've come to grips with the fact that one of these days, this shirt and I will have to part.

And on that day, I will cry.

And on the next day, I will set out to find it's exact replica.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful, classy & classic look! Immaculate. I love how you mix the jewellery with the leopard detail.

    Best, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. This white shirt does sound perfect. I will have to go to Express to see if they still sell the perfect shirt. Or you'll have to tell me where you get your exact replica when you do :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...